Latest Site News

2018 MTS Calendar Contest - posted on 12th Nov 2017 at 11:48 AM
Replies: 58 (Who?), Viewed: 6259 times.
Page 3 of 3
Test Subject
#51 Old 6th Nov 2017 at 8:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsfreq
Ohh, I'm so excited for this. I am sorry that I never completed my storytelling photos for my family. I couldn't finish the other lots I built, either, due to no longer being able to use AGS but I just dropped the ball on the photos part. (Partly because I keep losing where on earth the social groups even are on this forum - I sometimes come across them but can never seem to find them again? And then of course if something isn't right under my nose, I am liable to forget it ever existed to begin with.)

I'm really really tempted to add this as a Downtown for Sedona. I think I might just do that once I have reached a point in play I can legitimately pretend there is a transport link there. Oh, the fun I could have with these two hoods! I think I'd have to be very careful about who I allow to move between subhoods, but the potential for some interaction there is exciting.

I already added Emerald Heights as a downtown for Sedona and it works really well!
Test Subject
#52 Old 6th Nov 2017 at 8:44 PM
First of all can I just say thank you! This neighborhood has had so much hard work put into it and I am grateful for it

Starting off, I played the Davenport family. I just checked aspirations, family bio's, memories and the family trees, finding out that:

So I decided to wait for the neighbors to come over, along came Jhonattan Goth who Pearl immediately swooned for. I got them to socialize (with macrotastics, of course) until they were friends, then I got Pearl to ask Jhonattan on a date. They went to Dancin' Flamingos and had a great time (which was mostly spent in the dance sphere, dear oh dear...). Eventually, Pearl proposed engagement to Johnattan the next day:

I went into Jhonattan's household and made him invite Pearl over (just her alone, no kids... ugh) and bought a wedding arch, buffet table and wedding cake. I then made him throw a wedding party, (a pre-rolled want he had) whom he invited I can't remember (apart from the two older kids, Taffy and Soda Pop). Pearl and Jhonattan got married, making her Mrs. Pearl Goth. Soda Pop looks after Taffy and Bubblegum now on his own. I've not stuck into any other families yet, just moved in some that were stuck in the family bin for some reason (I confirmed their correct houses on the storytelling pictures)
Instructor
#53 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 4:10 PM
Oh My!

Just found out that...

Field Researcher
#54 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 4:20 PM
that happens A LOT in my game and in real life sometimes i have half siblings/cousins/aunt or uncle in one of my families.

I may be life dumb but i'm sim smart.
I am a follow of Susan wainwright the almighty goddess
Instructor
#55 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 6:12 PM Last edited by NewSimgirl2011 : 14th Nov 2017 at 8:13 PM. Reason: Didn't paste properly.
So... This post is going to be long and you have been warned. Please note, that just by observing some of the sims, I've kind of come up with a backstory-ish that somewhat relates to the backstories already given and my own interpretation. I always do that when I play neighbourhoods where there are characters already with a backstory, I just tend to add sometimes the other relevant background that is associated with that character. So I've decided to put my post in spoiler tags, because as I said it's long and I didn't want people having to scroll through a huge chunk of text to read others' stories.

P.S. - Becuase this is day 1 or the first round, I'm taking it easy on the whole gameplay session, rather than saying so and so went to a community lot, I want to try and give it a more story telling feel to it. Like is there a reason, besides having a want to it. So the way I've written it might not be the normal or typical way you guys may read it in the threads.

Anyways, please read or not. But nevertheless enjoy.

Spring - Day 1 - Rafferty Family...

Theorist
#56 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 9:55 PM
The Panoskis' apartment also glitched--I built them a trailer house. They seem like that's more their style right now. Cola had her baby. Both are dating. Ceaser was not pleased that Cola is seeing other people, even while he's publicly beating up his wife. While both twins are bisexual, Coca is only seeing Peter Sims. Cola's seeing everybody who heart-bubbles at her. They both think Cicily Wentworth-Rafferty is the hottest thing in town. Sorry, ladies, she only likes men.

Cherry Wood had twins, Ash left for college, Birnam randomized homosexual with ACR. (I had to load university and double check Ash. Nope, he's heterosexual.) The Woods also adopted a child girl, Mallory. She has S4, brown hair, and the same light blue eyes as Cherry. (I wonder if this was an in family adoption?) And then, one of those Moments happened: one of the Girls came home from school with Birnam, and immediately sought Cherry out for a very short chat. I had Cherry take Mallory to buy new clothes, and Holly, her girlfriend, and two other Girls were at the clothes store when they walked in. The Girls all had to leave shortly-curfew-but it was very clear that the whole situation was a set-up for Holly and Cherry to meet up, and the Girls arranged it for them.

Davenports--twins, of course, just what they need. Pearl got a job. Her hours aren't too close to Soda Pop's, so they might even be able to pull out of their mess. She's dating around, too, but . . . she kind of wants another husband. Bubblegum (Bubba, obviously) grew up well. The ghost made a nuisance of himself--he'll have to go.

Did I say that Isaiah Rotzpatz grew up very well indeed, though he lingered too long at his cake and tanked his party score? Isaac had thrown the party, of course, and invited his good friends Cole and Magnolia Steele, and, um, in the heat of the party moment, shared a first kiss with the much younger Magnolia. Right before he left for college. I'm just going to blame his entire adult and elder family for him thinking it was okay to kiss someone that much younger. And keep them separate until she's in college. Three-bolt family sims. They can email. It's not like I'm a good enough player to pull that combination apart. It's a good thing Uni sims can't pull walk-bys in the main hood and vice versa. However, since Magnolia and Elvira are besties, and Cole and Isaac are besties, I may not be a good enough player to keep them from inappropriate behavior until Magnolia is old enough without unnaturally separating the friend-pairs. And none of these kids has a smidgen of respect for the law . . .

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#57 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 12:23 AM
One of the first thinks I did was have Judith Rafferty send her husband Caesar packing. He had already had a child by one of the Rotspatz witches, and other affairs, and he was not even "Romantic" - just mean! He slapped his ex-girlfriends and his WIFE around in public. Judith was the one that cared about the family name, but everyone joked about the Raferty "train to nowhere"; Caesar's grandfather had built the station, certain the train would come through the new little town...it never did.
Caesar moved to a trailer next to the train station, and died a laughing stock. And when that happened Sebastian quit the job his father had gotten for him, and which he was totally unfit for. He "came out", got a new look, a boyfriend (Fitz Bonet) and adopted a disadvantaged toddler. Sebastian IS "Romantic" - but not in a bad way. He's a free spirit, but likes people, and they like him. Reputation going up!
The miserable Rotspatz witches hope child Elvira will "turn the neighborhood green", like THAT will happen being raised in that moody house! Teen Isaac had run away (to the neighboring dark house - also owned by the Rotspatz family) when his mother (yes, another Rotspatz witch) died. Isiah (s sensitive child) ran away to be with Isaac, but they were both desperate and begged their cousin Katelyna to join them. She hated it with the witches - she was serious about the Craft, but didn't appreciate their pretense of "darkness"- they were powerless, and just grumpy. So she stole everything she could, and of course took little Elvira. She's having a difficult time at Isaac's - the kids hate each other! So she moved them all to the house next to the Raferty mansion. It's a stupid house, lots of big empty rooms, and big walkways everywhere. But she decorated in a funky kitchen-witch style and even after just a few days everyone is happy. Oh, and she's pregnant.

Namaste
Theorist
#58 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 7:56 AM
FitzWilliam Bonet is climbing the Show Business career track and seeing a certain townie gentleman regularly.

Seamus Coppersmith earned enough money and a bone phone, and resurrected his wife, but they were some short and had to borrow to resurrect their son. They'll all be working extra hard to pay off that bill, but with the age difference now between Jia and Seamus, romance is looking tougher. He's two days to elder. Which might help, as apparently she likes older men.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Field Researcher
#59 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 2:19 PM
played a week with pearl davenport and she had twins called haribo and chewitt (british candy fitting with the theme) and i think she'll marry jhonnathan goth...

I may be life dumb but i'm sim smart.
I am a follow of Susan wainwright the almighty goddess
Page 3 of 3