Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Summer Movie Night - posted on 13th Jun 2018 at 10:07 PM
Replies: 1202 (Who?), Viewed: 115493 times.
Page 49 of 49
Field Researcher
#1201 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxon
The problem with fences is that they don't do recolours. You'd have to make each fence as a standalone item. Not that it's a problem but you'd end up with a very crowded fence category in your catalogue if you wanted a lot of walls. And, of course, you can't paint them so it would mean rebuilding if you changed the wall covering. Being able to paint fences would be awesome but you can't. It would be relatively easy to do new colours though since you wouldn't be changing the mesh - just a case of slapping on a new texture. The other thing with fences is I think you can reuse existing GUIDs - IIRC. I made a pile of colours for the cover up slope fence mesh to hide holes in the terrain at one time. Quick to do once you get the rhythm.

I don't think I'd need that many since I'd really only be using this for building urban environments. The idea would be to use the fencing (in whatever colour) to fill the gap between the lots that you see in lot view. It's okay if it's different (since most cities are a patchwork anyway) but it saves me having to download the lot adjuster - particularly if I can get these walls in brick and concrete finishes. #Ace

Edited to include: I'd build the entirety of my building first - exactly as if I was going to use the lot adjuster, and then slap these on the sides to fill up that gap. I'm gonna test this this week, but I think it'd work. I'd only need to be able to put floor tiles for a roof on top (which may or may not be possible...)
Needs Coffee
staff: moderator
#1202 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 11:12 PM
It's certainly handy to have wall height fencing but attached garages are better using wall.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#1203 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 3:28 AM
WizTree is a free program that shows what's using up all your hard drive space. I've found it has another use:

Where did all those text files come from?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Check out my website!
Page 49 of 49